The Wayne County Healthy Communities health centerâ€™s approach for meeting community needs includes providing integrated services through a single point of access,strongly emphasizing preventive health, and working collaboratively with other health and human service organizations locally and nationally.
This collaborative work is accomplished by partnering with existing institutions to provide the knowledge, tools, and resources needed to address health care needs in the community.
By offering complete primary care, we can produce better health outcomes among patients and lowers health care costs.
Presently we offer a wide-range of primary care services to patients of all ages, and no one is denied services because of inability to pay. Mediciad, Medicare, as well as sliding fee discount program for patients who do not have insurance.
- Pediatric and Adolescent health care that includes well-child exams, immunizations, sick infant/child exams, school and sports physicals, and lead screenings
- Adult Health
- Disease screening and prevention
- Family planning (birth control)
- Management of chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes, and high blood pressure
We at Wayne County Health Communities are committed to providing a safe and nurturing medical home for your child.
Proper oral hygiene at an early age is an important part of having a healthy mouth for a lifetime. Our team understand the challenges of pediatric dental care and are experts at making your child at ease while they clean, examine, treat the children.
WCHC offers comprehensive integrated behavioral healthcare services. As a provider of primary health care, WCHC takes a comprehensive approach to services, bringing together medical physicians, dentists, behavioral health consultants, and community workers, who focus on the overall health and well-being of the families in their care.
The following services are offered:
- Clinical Assessment, Screening, Consultation
- Behavioral Psychopharmacology Consultation
- Individual TherapyGroup Therapy (parenting, chronic pain management)
Improved management of Physical Diseases and medical conditions:
- Chronic Pain Management
- Migraine/Tension Headaches
- Acute Mental Illness (Depression, Anxiety)
- Stress Management