|Unopened, Untested Rape Kits Found (in 2009):||Approx 11,341|
|Kits Tested to Date:||Approx 10,000|
|CODIS eligible DNA Profiles:|
Note: Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) is the national DNA database.
|Per Michigan State Police (MSP) 4372 as of June 22nd|
|CODIS "Hits" from Tested Kits:||Per MSP 2277 CODIS Associations through June 22nd|
(including CODIS hits and Case-to-case Associations.)
|Number of Suspected Serial sexual Offenders Indentified:||456 identified as of June 30th, 2015 *|
|Number of States Impacted:||32 (listed below)|
|Number of Cases Actively Being Investigated:||114|
|Number of Cases Awaiting Investigation:||732|
|Number of Convictions:||20 as of June 30th, 2015|
*The number of suspected serial offenders may change as we investigate cases. Some offenders are eliminated as serial sexual offenders and others are identified through new CODIS associations and as additional arrest information becomes available.
- CODIS entry - A suspect DNA profile has been entered into the CODIS system.
- CODIS hit - A suspect DNA profile matches a known offender DNA profile in CODIS.
- Case-to-case association - A suspect DNA profile matches a DNA profile obtained from evidence collected in other criminal cases.
- Suspected serial sexual offender - A suspect DNA profile matches a known offender profile and the offender has a history of CSC offenses, and/or CSC charges regardless if it results/resulted in a conviction, and/or a suspect DNA profile matches a DNA profile obtained from evidence collected in other CSC cases regardless of whether the suspect's identity is known to the WCPO.
- CSC offenses/charges - an offense or criminal charge involving a sexual assault and/or any crime that would require a person to register as a sex offender
- Criminal contacts - A criminal arrest, criminal charge, criminal conviction, a CODIS offender profile, or a case-to-case association with evidence from another criminal case.