VINE Program

Victim Information Notification Everyday

The Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) is a free, anonymous, 24-hour, computer-based telephone/email service for victims of crimes. The VINE program is designed to provide easy access to offender information and to an offender's custody status changes.  If the offender is moved to a new facility or released from custody, you will receive a notification from VINE. 

(Note: This program is not administered by the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and we cannot attest to its reliability)

For inmate custody information, call (800) 770-7657 and follow the prompts. VINE informs a caller if an offender is still in custody, the offender's bail amount and the name of the facility where the offender is being held. Live operator assistance is also available.

Callers may also choose to register for automated notification via phone when an offender is arrested, released, transferred, escapes or dies. To register, callers enter the phone number at which they wish to be reached and are then asked for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for use during notification. The service will automatically call when one of the above events occurs.

You also can sign up for the VINE system online, by visiting and clicking Michigan on the map of the United States.  Click on the “search” tab and when you’ve located the inmate you are interested in, click on the “register/details” link to sign up for either a telephone or email notification.

Offenders in the Wayne County Jail, Michigan State prison system and most other County jails are covered by the VINE program.  Offenders who may have just been arrested and are in a local police department’s lockup awaiting arraignment are not covered by the VINE program.

The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office strongly encourages victims of crimes to NOT depend solely on VINE or any other single program to maintain their safety.
Benny N. Napoleon
Wayne County Sheriff
(313) 224-2222

Service Assistant

How can we assist?
Ask a question or describe the service or information you're looking for!
I need to pay my property taxes.
How can I contact my commissioner?
How can I report a road hazard?

View All Services