HIV/AIDS Counseling & Testing
The purpose of the HIV/AIDS testing program is to identify persons with HIV and get them into care. Over the last year the Wayne County Department of Health, Veterans and Community Wellness has tested around 1,000 people for HIV.
AIDS/HIV Prevention and Control
- Provides FREE anonymous or confidential AIDS/HIV counseling and testing.
- Provides inservices, educational programs to schools, groups and other agencies.
- Loans audio visual materials on a first come first serve basis.
- Provides information to the community.
Get Tested and Encourage Others to Get Tested
- Ask your doctor for an HIV test or find a place to get tested in your community at http:\\hivtest.cdc.gov or text your ZIP Code to KNOWIT (566948) for fast, free confidential HIV testing events in your area.
- Contact the Wayne County Department Health, Veterans & Community Wellness - Wellness Services at 734-727-7078.
- Home test kits are also available. Two FDA-approved tests are available online or from drugstores: a rapid testing kit that provides results in 20 minutes using a swab of oral fluid from your gums, and a kit that involves collecting a finger stick blood sample and sending it to a licensed laboratory, then calling in later for results. In both cases, testing is anonymous, and the manufacturer provides confidential counseling and a referral to medical care if the HIV test is positive.
Wayne County Department of Health, Veterans & Community Wellness - Wellness Services
33030 Van Born Rd
Wayne, MI 48184