Help Paying Property Taxes
If you are unable to pay your Wayne County taxes to prevent the loss of your home for tax foreclosure you may be able to get financial assistance and free legal help.
(866) 946-4732. www.stepforwardmichigan.org
Step Forward Michigan is a state program that provides interest free forgivable loans to pay past due taxes or mortgage payments.
Wayne Metro Community Action Agency (Wayne Metro) provides essential services, diversified programming, and community resources to low- and moderate-income individuals and families throughout all of Wayne County. Today, Wayne Metro supports all of Wayne County with more than 50 programs with over 300 employees, and is proud to be one of the most innovative Community Action Agencies in the entire country.
(313) 446-4444 https://www.detroitseniorsolution.org/
Address: 1333 Brewery Park Blvd Suite 200, Detroit, MI 48207
(313) 272-3900. https://gdabvi.org/
The Greater Detroit Agency for the Blind and Visually Impaired provides quality, innovative services that increase self-reliance, productivity and dignity for persons who are blind or visually impaired.
* All financial help is contingent upon qualifications and available funding. If you believe you were wrongfully denied State Emergency Relief, you may obtain free legal help from one of the agencies below:
For Free Counseling and Legal Assistance:
- United Community Housing Coalition - (313) 963-3310 (Detroit only)
- Michigan Legal Services - (313) 964-4130 (Wayne County)
- Legal Aid and Defender - (313) 964-4700 (Wayne County)